[Zope] mirror to cdrom

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 19:22:38 -0400

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:38:45AM +0000, Lee Harr wrote:
> Hi;
>
> My goal (right or wrong :o)  is to mirror my zope site to a static set of
> files on a cdrom.
>
> I have tried wget and w3mir, but they don't really seem to grok zope.

wget can make a nice browsable pseudo-mirror* of zope
if you get the right combination of flags. The best I've come up with is:

wget -r -l8 -p -nH --no-parent --convert-links --html-extension

you may of course need to adjust the -l setting.

* I say pseudo-mirror because it's quite possible that some
urls will (harmlessly) change, and there may be some duplication - actually
there can be quite a lot of duplication if you make sloppy use
of relative URLs.  In fact they can lead to infinitely growing
URLs which are of course impossible to mirror with any tool. :)

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com