[Zope] ownership fun and games.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:19:10 +0100

Anthony Baxter wrote:

>>Not if you have any kind of need for an audit trail.
>>You want to know who did what, and when.
>>The approach I suggested is particularly handy as you get a transaction entry
>>when yo ureset their password, so you can tell when they should have stopped
>>doing things ;-)
>
> Nope, sorry, doesn't work for me. If you can't safely delete a user, then
> a) the 'delete' button should be removed from the acl_users tab
> b) an alternate 'retire' option should be created.
>
> "Just change the password" is not a particularly safe or sane way to do
> things.

Well, ideally there should be both a 'delete' and 'retire' button (I'd prefer to
call it 'disable') but given that the current functionality makes it easier to
make the disable button function without bugs, I reckon that'd be the way to go.

If you write and proposaland drag it through the fishbowl, I'd be happy to do
the coding...

cheers,

Chris