[Zope] incredible growing urls

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 14 May 2003 20:55:05 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-5-13 11:33 -0700:
 > Yes, I know this has been discussed here before, but the archives have
 > rolled over and the thread is gone :-(
 >
 > Why does the url grow ( something like a/b/a/b/a/b/a//b/a/b )?  and what
 > can be done to prevent it?

Avoid non-trivial relative URL references.

  A trivial URL reference is one not containing a "/". They are harmless.

  A relative URL reference containing a "/" is non-trivial unless
  the path segment before each "/" is either "." or "..".
  Non-trivial URL references can cause growing URLs. Do not use them.

Dieter