[Zope] PHP on Zope

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:31:39 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:12:36PM -0600, John wrote:
> I was wondering if someone can tell me how I can install PHP on my Zope
> server.  I've got linux Redhat v8.0 installed.  Again, I'm a linux nub.

If you use Zope, then you probably don't need PHP, because Zope is
much more complete and powerful than PHP.

PHP is a language, Zope is an application server.

If you want to port some legacy PHP stuff to Zope, then I'd recommend
to use ZShellScripts, available under the GNU GPL from :

        http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/

Which offer PHP support for Zope with semi-transparent access
to Zope objects.

If you're a newbie at both Zope and PHP, then learn Zope instead of
PHP, it's more fun !

bye

Jerome Alet