[Zope] passing :records on in a hidden field

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 13:53:38 -0700

I have passed data from one form to another using REQUEST.  I collect the
data from one form, with a python script as the action.  The script "does
stuff", and in my case, puts a list together, which I then pass to a dtml
method for display.

>From the script I do:

context.REQUEST.set('work',work_orders_dict.keys())
return context.trace_back(context, context.REQUEST)

Where trace_back is my dtml method.

You can then directly access your list from the dtml_method:

<dtml-in work>
	<dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in>

or something similar.

In your case you may be able to collect data in form 1, send it to a python
script, from the script pass your object into request and call form2.  Then
have form 2 collect more info, send that to a script, put both objects into
request, and finally have both objects available for form 3.

I have never tried this mind you :)

Scott