[Zope] Stop external URL's loading within a browser window

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 08:27:59 -0700

On Friday 16 May 2003 04:46 am, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> learn to use the "target" attribute on the <a> tag.
that's HTML basics.

AFAIK, that won't help.  The problem is that the new
window will become the default window to open new
URLs in -- so the next time someone uses a link *not
under his control* which does not use "target", it
clobbers his window.

The only thing I can think of is to open a *second*
window, which does not contain the relevant applet,
so that *it* becomes the default target -- i.e. a
decoy ;-).  It'd be nice if you could keep the focus
on the main browser window, but I'm uncertain if you
can do that. Some of the options to window.open
might do it (but I'm a real newbie with JavaScript
myself).

Cheers,
Terry