[Zope] Re: incredible growing urls

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 09:22:23 -0400

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:07:34AM -0700, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
(very nice explanations snipped)

> All of which is a long way of saying that the problem is caused by a
> opportunity for inconsistency in how web browsers will treat relative
> links from the default indexes of Zope folders.

yes indeed. I have managed to do things in zope that worked
in one browser, but only worked in another browser if i was very
careful to use a trailing slash. I don't remember the details,
but I do remember that diagnosing the problem was maddening.

> As before, you can hardly go wrong with absolute URLs.  When in doubt,
> go with the Zen of Python: "explicit is better than implicit".

it sure is :)

--

Paul Winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com