[Zope] Upload files, set properties, search props

John Toews john@academiccolab.org
Mon, 19 May 2003 14:57:46 -0500

Hello All,

I am (very) new to Zope and am trying to figure out how exactly to
implement what I want. I have read most of the Zope book and it doesn't
seem to go into the depths I want, but please feel free to point me to
better manual(s). What I want to be able to do is:

- Present the user a form with to upload a file and, for now, a text box
for keywords (I've done this already)
- Save the file to a folder and set a property for the keywords (I can
save to a folder with the generic File object [using
foldername.manage_addFile], but how do I create & set the keyword
property)
- Catalog the keywords property and be able to search it (Haven't even
attempted yet)

I believe the "correct" way to do this would be a Zclass using the File
base class and a property sheet. However I can't seem to figure out how
to use DTML (or Python? Doesn't matter to me...) to create the file. How
do I instantiate my Zclass (foldername.productname.method?)... Shouldn't
my Zclass inherit the File object's manage_addFile method?

Thanks!
John Toews=20