[Zope] Newbie Question: First browsing no response

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
20 May 2003 09:26:39 -0700

First, I'd ensure that Zope has ownership of its log and database files:

chown -R zope ZOPE_INSTANCE/var

Assuming that "zope" is the user you're running zope as and substituting
your actual zope_instance path where indicated.

If you installed zope as root, you may have other permission issues to
attend to.

After that, I'd look if the zope daemon is still running after your
failed /manage request and check the logs if it isn't.

Do you have any trouble getting to the QuickStart (localhost:8080) page?

HTH,

Dylan