[Zope] Save Zope (and me) before Citrix!

Troy Farrell troy@entheossoft.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 11:32:00 -0500

Unfortunately Jaroslav, we solve technical problems on this mailing
list.  Office politics are a bigger challenge ;-)

I fully agree with you that Zope is far better than most systems
available.  It's why I can survive as a 1 man service company.  If it
weren't so powerful, I wouldn't have so many happy customers.  Yes, it
means less money per project, but it also means more projects and a
wider range of experience.

Zope and the CMF are very powerful because they provide:

* templating languages (DTML/ZPT)
* python scripting
* workflow (in CMF)
* builtin user management
* ZODB for native object storage (big plus :)
* easy connectivity to RDBMS
* sessions
* easy python object publication
* much prebuilt content items with third-party products (many are free :)

I don't know if those points help you, but I've tried.

Thanks for using Zope.
Troy