[Zope] How to Add a File Dynamically??---manage_clone-ERROR

Zope@Stylus zope@stylusinc.net
Tue, 20 May 2003 22:25:44 +0530

Hi Phil ,

Thanks for yopur prompt reply . I am tryiong to resolve my problem but
getting stuck again.Please help me out here.
I am trying to use manage_clone to add a python script into a folder .
I am adding a new folder intot the Zope directory Structure and then taking
the context of the newly added Flder and adding a Python Script into it
.This is similar to what Zope does when adding a folder and adding a Page
template(index_html) into it.
#My Python file which I am adding as an External Method in
Zope ---------obj_Clone_Sep.py
#from OFS import CopyContainer.manage_clone
from App.Common import *
import re
import CopyContainer
from Globals import REPLACEABLE, NOT_REPLACEABLE, UNIQUE
def getCloneSEP(folderObj,id,cloneObj,strName):
   ob=folderObj._getOb(id)  #getting the context of the folder
  if(strName != ''):
           ob.CopyContainer.manage_clone(cloneObj,strName) #I am cloning
cloneObj and giving it a new name
#This is the Error I get on trying to add a Clone

Error Type: ImportError
Error Value: No module named CopyContainer
#My Python Script
#I first add a folder
#I then clone a Python Script into the Folder

  result =  context.sis.Public.add_fol_sep(context
,i=str(textname),tit=str(textname))
 #add_fol_sep is an External MEthod that ads a file into the current context
(which is a folder in the Zope Directory Structure)

 resu =
context.obj_Clone_Sep(context,id=str(textname),cloneObj=container.add_folder
_sep,strName='add_folder_sep')
#this is my call to External Python Script --------obj_Clone_Sep.py

return resu

If  I try to add a Python file without importing the OFS Module I am asked
to login to the ZMI for accessing the manage_clone method .This is happening
inspite of my using External Methods.

Where am I going wrong??

Thanks and Best regards
John