[Zope] I need help with site planning

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
20 May 2003 13:38:27 -0700

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 12:25, Ulrich Wisser wrote:
> the data can be accessed through several domains, and each
> one should have it's own design.

That has CMF/Plone written all over it.

> We have a role based login system, but the access rights
> for every role need to be diffrent depending on the domain.
> (Role A from domain1 can see the report, role A from domain2
> can't.)

That can be accomplished easily enough by giving each domain its own
acl_users folder.  Having a different Plone install for each domain
should do the trick.

Depending on how autonomous these sites are, you may wish to consider
serving them on separate instances.

> How would you realize the AccessRights system?

This is more a requirements question than a technical question.  The
tools are there, but tailoring roles design to your specific
requirements can still be a significant challenge.

HTH,

Dylan