[Zope] DTML-SQLVAR and Unicode and PostgreSQL

Glenn R Williams gloonie@earthlink.net
20 May 2003 16:42:01 -0400

--=-avWfheQa/fiTvB8G8Gw+

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a simple retrieval of data in my PostgreSQL
database. The input (in Arabic) has to be in unicode. I can specify an
argument of 'arabic_name:ustring' and that is accepted okay. However,
something happens between the submission of the form and the execution
of the query in the PostgreSQL backend, and no data is returned.

If I cut the query, paste it into a terminal window, and excute it in
psql, I get the desired data back. Anyone have any ideas? I notice that
'ustring' is not a type you can specify in the dtml-sqlvar tag.

(I am running Redhat Linux 9.0, Zope 2.61, and the ZPsycopgDA adaptor).

TIA,

Glenn
--=20
Glenn R Williams
Ghoti Software
Mathematical theories are the part of science you could continue to do
if you woke up tomorrow and discovered the universe was gone.

--=-avWfheQa/fiTvB8G8Gw+

--=-avWfheQa/fiTvB8G8Gw+--