[Zope] python functions and ZPT

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed, 21 May 2003 00:07:29 +0200

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

On 20.Mai 2003 - 16:30:34, J Cameron Cooper wrote:

> >got a small question here using the following ZPT:
> >
> >| <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
> >| <!--	"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/transitional.dtd"> -->
> >|=20
> >| 		<h3>Sie sind nun Ausgeloggt</h3>
> >request/came_from">Zur&uuml;ck</a>
> >| 		Sie sind noch mittels HTTP-Authentication eingelogged. Sie=20
> >sich m=FCssen
> >| 		eventuell <a href=3D"/manage_zmi_logout">aus dem Zope=20
> >Managment Interface
> >| 		ausloggen</a>.
> >
> >I get an attribute error about request when opening this ZPT with
> >the following link=20
> >logout_form?came_from=3Dhttp://localhost:9673/index_html
> >
> >How can this happen? I have not "request" within the macro, the only=20
> >request/ object is up there in the ZPT.
> >
> Are you sure about that? There's something going on outside what you=20
> have written above. It worked for me with a dead simple std_template and=
=20
> without the is_logged_on() bits. So I suspect one of those is the=20
> culprit. How does it work without the macro and/or method calls?

This was really my fault, I confused python and tal request Objects, the
python one has to be written in uppercase, which solved this. Also I
don't need any python script in this anymore :)

> >Another question: Is it possible to call python methods from ZPT, which
> >are defined in a python script? I have several scripts and would like to
> >hold them in 1 script-Object in Zope, as they all belong to the
> >login-process.
> >=20
> >
> A Python script is really a method in itself. You can stick a bunch of=20
> them in a folder and call them like 'folder.somescript()' if you want to=
=20
> simulate a module for organizational reasons.

As said above, I don't need them anymore, but that solution is not as
beautiful as a real module with methods.

Andreas

--=20
Your step will soil many countries.

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1