[Zope] New to Zope needs some help

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 17:59:42 -0500

> I am VERY new with Zope and am trying to understand how it all works.
> My question: once I have developed something in Zope, how do I “upload
> it” –using the normal methaphor for web sites- to a hosting server/site?

If your host runs Zope, then use import/export, Data.fs copy, ZSyncer to
move data from your development instance to your host's instance. You
can also consider doing the development on the host's instance to
eliminate that step.

If your host doesn't use Zope, and you're using Zope to develop the
site, you can download the rendered pages somehow to make a static image
(this is usually very platform dependant) and then upload that to your
host's static webserver the usual way. But if you're creating a static
site, Zope may not be the best way to do that.

--jcc