[Zope] Do While Loop Equivalent

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 11:18:30 -0400

Hi,

Sorry David, Andreas, and Dennis for the short email that did not explain my
problem fully (had to go to a
meeting). I use dtml mostly but I'm starting to see the power of Python. I
am creating a web based system to collect test data during our manufaturing
process. I can generate a serial number but depending on the part the items
within a this serial number can be 4, 10, 24, 34 items. I need to create
these records first so they can update them as they are testing. With my
zsql method, I am creating records with 3 fields populated using David's
dtml-in method:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('cell_number', 0)">
<dtml-in "_.range(10)">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('cell_stack_number', cell_number+1)">

<dtml-call expr="create_atp_fields_record(REQUEST)">
</dtml-in>

But an error message:

Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('23000', -1605, '[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The
changes
you requested to the table were not successful because they would create
duplicate values
in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or
fields that
contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit
duplicate entries
and try again.')

I have no indexes or primary key set. Any sugesstions? Thanks.