[Zope] Authentication using a form instead of a popup

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 11:09:51 +0200

  Hi all!

  I have an intranet which has a restricted access, so users have to
authenticate before entering in it. But I don't want the authentication
to be done by a popup window, so I've made two DTML methods.

  The first is the authentication form itself, which asks for name and
password:

<form name=3D"userdata" action=3D"check" method=3D"get">
  <input type=3D"submit" value=3D"Enter">
</form>

  The second is the DTML method that makes the checkings, and it is
called check:

<dtml-if "acl_users.authenticate(username,userpassword,REQUEST)">
  <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('intranet')">
<dtml-else>
  Error!!
</dtml-if>

  The "acl_users.authenticate" part seems to work OK, as it returns an
error if the user or password is wrong. And if they are OK, it tries to
redirect to the intranet, that is to say, the restricted part. But the
problem is that at this time it asks again for username and password,
using a popup window.

  What I am doing wrong, or what am I missing? Any ideas? Thanks in
advance,

				Igor Leturia