[Zope] debugging spinning zope

Dan Keshet dkesh@channel1.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:14:04 -0400

On my Zope development server, I have gotten Zope into the following state:

When I start it, it appears to work.  It responds to malformed requests with
an HTTP 500, to incorrect pages with an HTTP 404, but for any valid request,
it just spins.  It correctly logs the errors in Z2.log, but does not log the
valid requests.  Medusa logs my connections, but spins rather than giving me
a login prompt.

A clever fellow on #zope sent me to:

http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope

but I've had some problems with it:

1) my var/Z2.pid file only contains one process id.

2) If I choose any of the zope processes to attach to, I can successfully
attach to them, and successfully "info threads", but none of the threads are
using much CPU, and running the PyRunSimpleString command on them always
turns out badly.

Any pointers?

Debian, python2.1.3, Zope2.6.1 (compiled from source, not using Debian pkg.)

--dk