[Zope] response.redirect with mailto link

Marie Robichon robichon@esrf.fr
Tue, 27 May 2003 15:32:35 +0200

Hi everyone,

In an attempt to get prevent our email addresses from being harvested we
would like our authors to add links in their texts like this:
mailme?user=toto to a dtml method called mailme which has the following code :

<dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.redirect('mailto:'+ user +'@mydomaine.fr')">

This way their mail software is opened and no email addresses are visible
on our pages.  However the link has to have a target="_blank" attribute,
which opens an annoying blank page, so that the visitor can get back to the
page he was viewing.

Is their a better way to do this without launching into providing forms for
the visitor to fill in etc.

TIA

Marie Robichon

Web Task Force