[Zope] debugging spinning zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 27 May 2003 20:57:37 +0200

Dan Keshet wrote at 2003-5-26 13:14 -0400:
 > On my Zope development server, I have gotten Zope into the following state:
 >
 > When I start it, it appears to work.  It responds to malformed requests with
 > an HTTP 500, to incorrect pages with an HTTP 404, but for any valid request,
 > it just spins.  It correctly logs the errors in Z2.log, but does not log the
 > valid requests.

Thus, traversal seems to work correctly.
Calling the object somehow seems not to work.

I would try Python level debugging.

  I would add a "import pdb; pdb.set_trace()" in
  "ZPublisher/Publish.py" after "obj= request.traverse(...)".
  Zope will stop giving control to the debugger ("pdb").
  I would then single step through Zope's code.

  You must start Zope in a way that you can access its "stdin/stdout"
  via a terminal window (such that you can interact with the debugger).

When you are a fan of IDE's, you can use WingIDE for the debugging.
It's commercial, but there is a trial license.

Dieter