[Zope] Turning of html quote in HTML templates

Johan Carlsson johanc@easypublisher.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 22:57:25 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Johan Carlsson wrote at 2003-5-27 10:12 +0200:
>  > I'm using HTML (App.special_dtml.HTML) for inline DTML template in my
>  > product.But I can't get it to stop quoting HTML entities like –.
>  >
>  > How do I turn of quoting form HTML templates?
>
> You must render (i.e. call) them.
> When you access them without rendering, you effectively call
> its "__str__" method that returns the HTML quoted source.

So I noticed when looking at the code, but it do call them:

   HTML(template, globals())(self,REQUEST=REQUEST)

I really don't understand why this should be any different
from calling a DTMLFile. Strange?

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson