[Zope] POSKeyError

Jeremy M. Smith jeremy@ucdavis.edu
Tue, 27 May 2003 15:36:18 -0700

Hello--

A couple of weeks ago, an IDE error caused some minor damage to my
Data.fs file. Unfortunately, there had been some significant changes to
that file since the previous weekly backup, so I did not want to restore
from backup. I used the fsrecover.py utility to recover the damaged
Data.fs with great results. A few folders inside Data.fs did have
problems, but all of them were corrected by exporting and importing the
damaged folder and just re-importing it . . . except for one.

With this one folder, I get a POSKeyError. After researching this
problem online, I used the fsrefs.py utility to determine which object
it is that's not being found, but I can't figure out how to either a)
get that object back (since I can't access the management screens due to
the error) or b) remove the invalid references. I have seen some
references to truncating (a copy of) the Data.fs just before the
transaction that causes the error, but I haven't found any instructions
on how to do this.

So, is there any good way to fix this by either replacing the object or
deleting the invalid transaction?

Thanks,

Jeremy.

--