[Zope] ODBC + Linux

ratem@censanet.com.br ratem@censanet.com.br
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:18:29 -0300

Hi,

first thanks to everyone who helped with the matter.

Secondly, I would like to report on the two solutions we find to make a Zope on
Linux talk to a SQL-Server-2000 DB on W2K:

1)Using freeTDS we wrote a shell script that is called by a Python script,saves
the query results to a tmp file that is read into a string object and finally
rendered. The problem is the number of IO operations in highly usage
environments.

2)Using ZDataQuery + ODBC socket server on W2K

Some remarks: we expect some hundreds queries a day, no updates on the DB. The
resulting sets are relative small.

Bye for now,

Rogerio

E-mail enviado pelo Webmail CensaNET