[Zope] Accessing individual items within a list

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 13:15:21 -0400

Hi,

I am starting to use lists within my forms. I can create them but I am
having a hard time trying to find the syntax to get a single item from the
list to store in a database.

I have been able to create a list doing the following:

<dtml-in expr="_.range(3)">
     <input type="text" name="pbtemp[sequence-index]" size="6">
</dtml-in>

If I display <dtml-var pbtemp[sequence-index], I will see ['11', '22',
'33']. I need to store each variable in the three seperate rows in a table.

Row1 pbtemp[1]
Row2 pbtemp[2]
Row3 pbtemp[3]
I believe I need to use another <dtml-in expr="_.range(3)"> statement but I
am coming up short in the correct syntax. Any suggestions or pointer will be
a big help. Thanks in advance.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems
10 Technology Drive