[Zope] xml-rpc and acquisition

Michele Ruberl mik@alambitco.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:38:55 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a object repository based on Zope, that I'm
accessing via XML-RPC calls.
Is there a way for obtaining from XML-RPC the same behaviour as the dtml-var
tag in terms of accessing something similar to the DMTL namespace, where
<dtml-var something> called on an object returns:

        1. the property "something" of the object, or, if it doesn't find
it,
        2. the property "something" via acquisition, or if it doesn't find
it,
        3. the property "something" in the request, or if it doesn't find
it,
        4. the result of the method "something()" of the object, or if it
doesn't find it,
        5. the result of the method "something()" via acquisition

I'd like to obtain the same behaviour when calling the XML-RPC method
"something" on an object
Thanks for any hint, pointer to doc etc.

Michele Ruberl