[Zope] how to format a lines property

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 31 May 2003 11:12:51 +0200

michael haubenwallner wrote at 2003-5-29 19:18 +0200:
 > how do i format the value of a lines property in a  "Filesystem
 > Properties Object" correct?
 >
 > eg: multivalues:lines=value1, value2, value3
 >
 > results in just one line, not three...
 >
 > ZPublisher.Converters.py: file2lines wants to split on \n
 > but no newlines are allowed in a .props file

Difficult...

  We would need either to add continuation lines or some kind
  of newline representing escape charachers.

The better way would probably be to define a new "type", say "tales"
with TALES expressions as value. These expressions would be evaluated
to get the property value.

If this would help you, post a feature request to
<http://collector.zope.org/CMF>.

Dieter