[Zope] python locally compiled or binary distribution

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat, 31 May 2003 13:50:34 -0700 (PDT)

Dieter --

I just build Python 2.1.3 locally and ran pystones and compared it to the
distribution binary version.  I did not tuning and chose no special
options.  On a dual processor 2100+ Athalon I got:

	distribution:	20833.3 pystones
	local build:	20408.2 pystones

I can up the level of optimization a bit (I think it defaults to -O2) but
this seems a bit off from your results.  What flag settings did you use?