[Zope] Authentication.

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Sat Nov 1 14:40:38 EST 2003

> Even if I create a new ZPT in the Root folder 'when I am loged on as
> manager', then 'test' the page I get Anon User.
>
> My only line is:     <p tal:content="user/getUserName">roles</p>
>
> I'm using a very current version of Zope and Mozilla Firebird.

This is a FAQ, did you search the list archive?  HTTP is stateless;
every request for privileged data begins with a request from the
client without auth creds.  If the requested resource is protected the
server responds with a 401, *then* the browser repeats the request
with the creds.  Assumption of protected resources is permitted in
certain situations, but it shouldn't be relied upon.  Read rfc2617 if
you want to know more.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly,