[Zope] [NEWBIE] Help getting started w/authentication

Michael Russell michael_j_russell at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:57:05 EST 2003

Hi, I'm using Zope 2.6.1 under Plone 2.5.

I'm trying to set up certain folders so that certain users can only access
those folders.  Reading the Zope book, it seems as though I should be able
to do this simply by creating a new User Folder in that folder, and adding
users to it.

I've done this, as well as adding a Cookie Crumbler.  However, the users I
add can't log in.  The folder is a published folder, so I go straight to
that folder, enter the username and password as I've set them up in the
acl_users folder at that level, but it tells me a "Sign-in failure" page.
Do I also have to have the user defined at the Root level?

Thanks,
Michael