[Zope] Re: zsyncer 0.5beta error

David Vogel vogel at glue.ch
Thu Nov 6 03:22:15 EST 2003

hello Paul,

>>I also used the patch at
>>http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/#bct_sec_5.3
>>to be able to sync plone folders as well
>

> i need to merge that with the zsyncer sources, i keep forgetting...

BTW:
there's a variable missing on the patch for the file ZSyncer.py:
filterObjects

correct:
+    def manage_editServer(self, title='', dest=None, log=0, approval=0,
override=0, user='', pwd='', logfile='', REQUEST=None,
syncable=syncable, filterObjects=0, add_syncable=[]):

another remark concerning the rekursive searching mode:

set up:
- (source) machine 1: folder a, subfolder b, sub-subfolder c
- (dest.)  machine 2: folder a, subfolder b, (sub-subfolder c missing here)

starting zsyncer on folder a:
if I select 'recursive comparison mode' and as status filter only
'missing', I don't get the correct answer, even if I got missing
SUBFOLDERS on the destination machine.

... since there are no missing folders on level 1, the recursive search
stops here. so, it would be better that the script searches first like
the users didn't deselect any status filters, get result 1, and applies
the filters of the user to result 1.

cheers,
david.