[Zope] Plone: adding an event

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Nov 6 18:28:26 EST 2003

>[Do you prefer that I send only to the list?  I'm copying you since you
>copied me.]

I really don't care. Because of the state of the 'reply-to' on the list,
and because sometimes folks aren't on (or watching) the list, I
eventually decided to use 'Reply All'. I realize it may be mildly
inconvenient to whomever asked the question, but it's a reasonable
default policy, I think, and I see a lot of people here doing that.

> [...]
>>>install Plone and allow users to create events.  It's not.
>>>
>>>I can add events, but when I try to submit an edit (even the initial
>>>one), I get an AttributeError on "form".  Any advice?  I thought this
>>>would work "out of the box."  Some guidance would be great.
>>>
>>It should, and this suggests a mismatch or other broken-ness. If you can
>>send the traceback (from error_log) maybe we can diagnose a little
>>better.
>>

>Ah!  I should have done that originally.
>	Traceback (innermost last):
>	  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
>	  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>	  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>	  Module Products.CMFPlone.FormTool, line 233, in __call__
>	  Module Products.CMFPlone.FormTool, line 268, in _validate
>	  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>	  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>	  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 92, in __call__
>	  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
>	  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
>	  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 126, in _exec
>	   - __traceback_info__: ({'traverse_subpath': [], 'container':
>	     <PloneSite instance at 90d61a0>, 'context': <Event at
>	/Eng/Plone/Event.2003-11-02.2926>, 'script': <FSPythonScript at
>	/Eng/Plone/validate_event_edit used for
>	/Eng/Plone/Event.2003-11-02.2926>}, (), {}, None)
>	  Module Script (Python), line 5, in validate_event_edit
>	  Module Products.CMFPlone.FormTool, line 358, in addField
>	  Module Products.Formulator.Field, line 23, in __init__
>	  Module Products.Formulator.Field, line 42, in initialize_values
>	AttributeError: form
>

>>Along with versions of your OS, Zope, Python, CMF, and Plone.
>>

>(Debian sid)
>	ii  plone          1.0.5.20030909 A zope/cmf-based content management system
>	hi  zope           2.6.2-5        Open Source Web Application Server
>	ii  zope-book      20030918-1     Zope Open Content Book
>	ii  zope-cmf       1.3.3-1        Zope Content Management Framework (CMF)
>	ii  zope-cmfcalend 1.3.3-1        Zope CMF Calendar
>	ii  zope-cmfcore   1.3.3-1        Zope CMF Core services
>	ii  zope-cmfdefaul 1.3.3-1        Zope CMF Default (basic) content
>	ii  zope-cmfforum  1.0-3          Zope Content Management Framework Forum Modu
>	ii  zope-cmfplone  1.0.5.20030909 A zope/cmf-based content management system
>	ii  zope-cmftopic  1.3.3-1        Zope CMF Topic
>	ii  zope-cmfworkfl 0.4.2-4        Zope CMF workflow module
>	ii  zope-formulato 1.3.1-2        A tool to create and validate web forms in Z
>	ii  zope-ldap      1.1.0-3        A driver for connecting Zope with Ldap syste
>	ii  zope-localizer 1.0.1-5        Helps build multilingual web sites and multi
>	ii  zope-ttwtype   0.9.1-3        Enables portal administrators to create new
>	ii  zope-zshell    1.5-2          command line interface to Zope
>	ii  zopectl        0.3.1          Zope instances controlling utility

An excellent error report, but I'm afraid I can't figure out what the
heck's going on. I don't know why the 'form' attribute does not exist.
(In fact, I can't even figure out where it's supposed to be set, which
is part of the problem.) Does anything else work?

There's a newer version of Formulator out (1.4.1, I think) so maybe you
can try that. You may also want to re-create your Plone instance in case
something got screwed up.

After that, you might try this on the Plone list. Maybe whoever wrote
that could have an idea. (It's probably either runyaga or plonista by
SourceForge id.)

             --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)