[Zope] (no subject)

Marshall Mayer marshall at livemodern.com
Fri Nov 7 12:03:12 EST 2003

Hi there,

I'm running Python 2.1.3, Zope 2.6.2b5, CMF 1.3.2, Plone 1.05, almost
stock (newbie), and have it running well on Mac OS X Server 10.2.8. I
back it up nightly, and a couple of nights ago I noticed that my
backups were taking longer and resulting in much larger tar files. I
poked around, and the only difference is in the zopedebug.log file
(stored in the same directory as the Data.fs file). Before it was 30Mb
and now it is over 700Mb.

Obviously, the main performance bottleneck is in the backup process,
but I imagine there are others as well. So I'm wondering how to
configure Zope in the ZMI to make this file smaller. To my knowledge, I
did not change anything on my system that would cause this large debug
log. I almost never get into the ZMI. Is there a way to configure the
Zope log level in ZMI?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Marshall

LiveModern - Making Modernism Affordable
n: Marshall Mayer
e: marshall at livemodern.com
w: http://www.livemodern.com
p: 415.722.7171