[Zope] (no subject)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Nov 7 14:53:46 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:44:50AM -0800, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:03, Marshall Mayer wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm running Python 2.1.3, Zope 2.6.2b5, CMF 1.3.2, Plone 1.05, almost
> > stock (newbie), and have it running well on Mac OS X Server 10.2.8. I
> > back it up nightly, and a couple of nights ago I noticed that my
> > backups were taking longer and resulting in much larger tar files. I
> > poked around, and the only difference is in the zopedebug.log file
> > (stored in the same directory as the Data.fs file). Before it was 30Mb
> > and now it is over 700Mb.
>
> Zope is being so verbose because you're running Zope in debug mode.
> Debug mode is the default on many installations, so it's probably not
> even something you set up. Remove -D from your start script and restart.

Unless zopedebug.log is what he's using for the -M debug log...
in which case it's not configurable, it logs 4 lines for
every request. Disable it if it's not needed, or
use a log rotation program such as logrotate.

btw, there is a zope 2.6.2 final.

p.s. please provide a subject line for questions.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com