[Zope] File System Directory View

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Nov 7 16:54:05 EST 2003

> I am interested in reading more about adding static/unmanaged html
> content to plone instance using File System Directory Views or the
> plone skins tool.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for some
> reading?  I seem to be looking in the wrong places.

For one you can just look in plone/portal_skins to see how things happen.

There's some info on skinning here:

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/beehive/ZWACKChap5.html

The Plone Book has some info on skinning:

http://plone.org/documentation/book/6

There's a bit in the Dogbowl:

http://cmf.zope.org/doc/devel/writing_skins/view
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/teyc/docSkins/view

Here's a repackaging of FSDV for use outside of CMF, which might have
some docs:

http://zope.org/Members/philikon/FileSystemSite

And you can always look at the source to figure out how things work.
PasswordResetTool is pretty simple, but has hooks into all sorts of
functionality, like installing skins from the Filesystem (which you can
also do from the ZMI):

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/collective/PasswordResetTool/
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/collective/PasswordResetTool/Extensions/Install.py?view=markup

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."