[Zope] Segmentation fault with LDAPUserFolder

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Nov 10 14:20:08 EST 2003

Antonio João Ferreira Francisco wrote at 2003-11-10 11:49 -0200:
 > I'm trying to use LDAPUserFolder, but whenever I try to create a new
 > LDAPUserFolder my Zope dies with a Segmentation Fault error. What can
 > that be?
 >
 > I'm using RedHat 7.2, Zope 2.6.2, Python 2.1.3, python-ldap
 > 2.0.0pre14 and Openldap 2.0.25-1
 >

 > The error message from Zope is this:
 >
 > 2003-11-10T11:36:44 ERROR(200) zdaemon Process 20151 terminated by
 > signal SIGSEGV(11)

Recently, I have analysed something that looked precisely like
you describe it. It turned out to be an
infinite "__getattr__" recursion in "LDAPUser".

This recursion exceeded the C runtime stack limit before it hit
Python's "RuntimeError: maximal recursion depth exceeded".
The result has been a SIGSEGV due to C runtime stack overflow.

This problem was easy to fix: I added a "_properties= None"
definition to the "LDAPUser" class.

Not sure, whether you have the same problem -- even though
the symptoms are identical.

--
Dieter