[Zope] newbie: ZTP, SQL, plone

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Nov 10 23:37:49 EST 2003

andrew cooke wrote:

>for the record, the (or, at least, a) solution is:
>
>    <ul tal:repeat="item root/Plone/timesheets/sql/list_people">
>     <li tal:content="item/person">name</li>
>    </ul>

>>i have the folder "timesheets" defined inside my root folder.  as two
>>subfolders i have "sql" and "ztp"
>>
>>in /timesheets/sql are two SQL methods: add_person and list_people.  the
>>SQL method /timesheets/sql/list_people returns a list of people from a
>>table.  this works (the "test" button produces results; the column name is
>>"person").
>>
>>but how do i get that data displayed in the ZTP page?  i have a page in
>>the /timesheets/ztp folder (also called "list_people") with the following
>>text, but it won't compile:
>>
>>    <ul tal:repeat="item /timesheets/sql/list_people">
>>     <li tal:content="item/person">name</li>
>>    </ul>
>>
>>the error message is: Compilation failed
>>TAL.TALDefs.TALError: Invalid variable name "" in expression
>>'/timesheets/sql/list_people'
>>
>>my problem seems to be accessing the sql method that is
>>"../sql/list_people" relative to the location of the ztp page.  how i do
>>this?  or is the problem elsewhere?

I'm not sure what the structure of your site is from the description
above, but you can probably (and probably should) let acquisition do the
work instead of referring to the root::

    <ul tal:repeat="item context/timesheets/sql/list_people">
     <li tal:content="item/person">name</li>
    </ul>

or something like that.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."