[Zope] Linux distributions for Zope Servers

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Nov 11 10:22:19 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:14:34AM -0800, Dennis Allison wrote:

> Smir --
> Can you tell us a bit more about the Gentoo update system.  As I pondered
> my choices I found the Gentoo model appealing even with the 24+ hour
> builds (-:   -dra

search for software with "foo" in the name:
$ emerge  -s foo

find out what would get built (including dependencies) for "foofoo":
$ emerge --pretend foofoo

reinstall or update foofoo:
$ emerge foofoo

only update foofoo if a newer version exists:
$ emerge --update foofoo

you get the idea...

--

Paul Winkler