[Zope] Re: Zope/HTML developer in Emeryville, CA

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Tue Nov 11 11:02:19 EST 2003

Ian Bicking wrote:
> If ZPT just had a non-attribute-language form, then we could really call
> DTML dead.  I'm surprised no one's written that before now, it doesn't
> seem like it would be unreasonably difficult.

What form do you envision?  If you just mean something more DTML-ish
that operates on plain text, we have that:

<tal:defs define="child here/me">
Hi Mom! It's your <tal:x replace="child/relationship" />,
<tal:x replace="child/name" />!
</tal:defs>

It's just missing all of the cool features that make DTML so convenient
for this sort of thing ;-)

> PS, all the cool kids use ZPT

Heh :-)