[Zope] ZPT file reader

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Tue Nov 11 12:28:20 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 07:40, Andreas Jung wrote:
> > The Zope API Reference, useful as it is, is far from complete.
> > For example, it does not answer the O.P.'s question.
>
> This raises my old question: why aren't there people in the community
> willing to contribute to the documentation?

Our documentation is approached in such a way that participation is
heavily fragmented and rendered considerably less useful.  Zope's single
biggest documentation problem is that there is far too much of it that
is obsolete and/or non-authoritative.  Recruiting new contributors is,
at best, a secondary problem.

IMO, Zope is burdened by some early choices that were made about how
documentation should work.  We have put a lot of though into the
*technical* questions of *how* to host documentation but little apparent
thought into what makes documentation useful or not.

I'm working on a side project that I think may provide some of the
usefulness questions.  At the moment, there's nothing to show, but I
expect to put something up in mid-January.  If someone else gets around
to solving these problems before then, great.  Otherwise, we'll see if
what I'm cooking up helps out at all.

Dylan