[Zope] Exporting from 1.10.3 to 2.6 (or latest)

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Nov 11 17:09:24 EST 2003

>A client have a Zope installation (ver. 1.10.3). Now, this installation
>seems to be, eh, a far bit obsolete. I have no idea why, but even the
>simplest things that should have worked (while coding DTML) doesnt.
>
> Thus, I have installed Zope 2.6 (latest version right) on my Win32
>workstation here... I would really have liked to be able to get the client
>application made in 1.10.3  to work on 2.6. I did a futile attempt on
>exporting and importing, but eh - even the Zope newbie me figured that only
>magic could make that happen...
>
> Is there anyone with a good clue of how to export from 1.10.3 (i.e.
>"export.bbe") to this new version?
>
>(Or does any of you more experienced users have a good idea of what I would
>have to do to get this application working on 2.6? ... )

Wow, that's old. For a moment I was even thinking you might have the
Zope version numbers confused with some other program. Are all your DTML
methods in the SSI format?

That's a big big jump. If all else fails -- like the script that Chris
mentioned -- you can try to upgrade through each successive major
version release. They should all still be available. You'll definitely
want to pay attention to the 2.0 step. (I recall having problems moving
from 1.10 to 2.0. In fact, I think I gave up, since I didn't have
anything important in there.)

             --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)