[Zope] Accessing user id in scripts

Gilles Lenfant gilles at pilotsystems.net
Mon Nov 10 17:08:30 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Will Stephenson" <lists at stevello.free-online.co.uk>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 10:39 PM
Subject: [Zope] Accessing user id in scripts

> Hi all
>
> I'm planning a site where users and site structure are held in Zope, but
the
> data items belonging to users are held in an RDBMS, due to their number
and
> relative light weight.
>
> I've designed the database so that owned objects have a userid field, and
am
> about to add a mySqlUserFolder for site users, but I'm stuck trying to see
> how to get a user id from the session so that I can use it my scripts that
> then call Z SQL methods to do database accesses (insert into things
(owner,
> thing ) values( 'joe123', 'newthing').

I dunno lots about mySqlUserFolder but you hould always get the user object
this way whaterver's the user folder you use.

from AccessControl import getSecurityManager
userObject = getSecurityManager().getUser()
# then play with the standard API of the Zope user as usual

You don't need playing with sessioning or persistence of authentication. The
user folder should assume this.
Imagine the mess if the various Zope classes should care about the specific
stuff of such or such user folder.

HTH

--Gilles