[Zope] New to Zope

Jay Dorsey jay at jaydorsey.com
Wed Nov 12 14:58:12 EST 2003

Hello :)

I'm just getting started with Zope.  I"ve purchased (and am currently
reading) the Zope Bible.

I've also had a few looks through the Zope.org site.  I was wondering if
someone could point me to other sources of newbie-type documentation.

I'm comfortable working with Python, but the jump to Zope seems to have
left me twiddling my thumbs. Simple things, like why I can't use certain
modules in "Script (Python)"s, how can I use Python to read the contents
of another object, etc.

I had jumped into Zope thinking that my knowledge of Python made it a
good choice for me to develop web applications in Python with, but it
seems I'm up for learning at least a handful of new
technologies/acronyms (DTML, Zope API, and TAL/TALES/METAL).

I looked through the zope mailling list archive page and it seems as
though the numbers are slowly spiraling downward.  I was surprised when
I signed up for the list yesterday that there wasn't more traffic than
there is.  Are there other mailing lists or forums anyone would
recommend for me to be a part of, something that'll let me ask all the
stupid new guy questions?

Thanks,

Jay