[Zope] Zope in SuSE 9.0

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Nov 13 15:46:45 EST 2003

Parra wrote at 2003-11-12 20:24 -0200:
 > I just installed Zope in a SuSE 9.0 box.
 > The docs said that the initial user and password are superuser/123.
 > But thid did not work.
 > I tried to change with zpasswd script, but this did not work also.
 >
 > Any ideas ??

Forget the prepackaged distribution (usually, it is outdated anyway).
Install Zope 2.6.2 directly from sources and follow
the installation instructions.

In my SuSE 8.1 distribution, I had to install the "gcc" package
in order to generate Zope.

Apart from that, someone else reported a standard place
where SuSE documents its specifics -- something like
".../packages/<package>/README.SuSE".
Please search the archives, for details.

--
Dieter