[Zope] Temporary partition problem

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Fri Nov 14 05:17:36 EST 2003

In a machine that is not in my full control is a problem with running
zopes that have mosterious databases getting close to 2 gigs. Now there
are problems with temp files that Zope puts on /tmp partition that is only
200 megs.

I've set in start script TMPDIR to be on /spool in start script with
TMPDIR ='/spool/something' EXPORT TMPDIR, but Zope does not follow that.
While doing a large copy operation /tmp gets filled AND operation fails,
but space on /tmp will not be freed.

Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.6.0

I searched mailinglists and in the past someone has had similar problem,
but solution was not said. Any help would be appreciated.

--
-huima