[Zope] Adding users programmatically!

Ibrahim Mubarak ibmub80 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 10:21:08 EST 2003

> I figure the password is a field that contains the crypted pass and the crypting method.
>
> You insert only a plain password (without crypting) and i think that is the problem.
>
> You can review how Plone join new users into the acl_users folder.

This is a follow up to my previous message in case my problem and solution can help someone
somewhere :)

Thank you, Manuel Saelices, for your response.

However, the problem was not that I was passing the password as plain text. I made
AccessControl/User.py spit out the password before and after the encryption process and it always
stayed as plain text, even when adding users manually.

After looking more closely at my Zope instance, I came across portal_registration and its API. I
ended up using portal_registration.addMember. As an extra, it also creates the member's folder
that contains their files and pictures (for use in forums). But why does addMember work and not
userFolderAddUser, beats me.

Ib