[Zope] hiding content -metadata/subject filter

Michael Havard nhavar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:12:13 EST 2003

I'm trying to set up a system where content authors can upload/edit files on
ZOPE in a CMF site and use the default index_html to show a list of files.
That works fine. But we need to refine it to allow the authors to hide some
content from the index but still have it linkable from a document in the
index. Clear as mud right.

For example I might have a document that links to several other documents
and has images, js, and css attached. I want the user to see the main
document but to only access the images and scripts through that document and
not see those items in the index.

What's the best way? I attempted to use something I saw from zopelabs using
a filter on 'Subject':'Indexable' but that failed with an error every time
with exceptions.TypeError on 'in ' requires character as left operand in "",
at line 9, column 2.