[Zope] get_transaction().commit() does not commit: Zope: OOBTree definition & creation

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Nov 17 14:06:27 EST 2003

Harm_Kirchhoff at mail.digital.co.jp wrote at 2003-11-17 10:07 +0900:
 > I naively thought you simply define the entire DB as an OOBTree,

You can do this, indeed.

 > but I
 > realized that you only define sub-branches as OOBTrees and only upon
 > creation.

This is possible but not necessary.

 > I made some changes and now it runs.

Fine.

 > However, I am puzzled by
 > your comment that an OOBTree does not allow these transactions. How do you
 > open a db with an OOBTree ???

When you report problems to the list, your problem report should
be concise and the example code should produce the described
problem.

This was not the case with your example code.
It would never have shown the problem you described (as
instead, it had raised an "KeyError").

The correct way would have been to make a minimal example
reproducing the problem and then post this example.

 > if you want the full code, because
 > there is something fundamentally strange, let me know I can mail it
 > directly.):

I am never interested in full code -- just in (minimal!) code that reproduces
the wrong (!) behaviour (and not some other problem).
And only, in order to help you...
Once, you have solved your problem, I am no longer interested in it
*UNLESS* I indicated that I am very surprised about what you
reported.

--
Dieter