[Zope] acquisition and security

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Tue Nov 18 22:35:17 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 18:41, Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Paul Howell wrote:
> > I have several sites running next to each other, each in its own folder,
>
> The easy answer is, "don't do that."  If you want data integrity
> between virtualhosts, don't store them in the same zope instances.

That is the best available answer I'm aware of if security matters and
you're hosting multiple sites with anonymous access.

But if it doesn't have to be really tight and you prefer the simplicity
of VHM mappings, a trick you could use is to salt each virtual root with
error-returning methods that have the same name as your other roots.

site_roots/
   foo/
      boo
      moo
   boo/
      foo
      moo
   moo/
       foo
       boo

This isn't bulletproof or anything, but it may be good enough to prevent
accidents and discourage experimentation.  Appropriateness depends on
your requirements.

HTH,

Dylan