[Zope] Zope newbie question - document version management?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Nov 19 11:07:48 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 03:08:03PM -0000, davout wrote:
> I've just downloaded and started to experiment with Zope.
>
> Does the product support version control on uploaded files? The docs suggest
> it does, but I can't see a way of displaying a list of a document versions
> from the manager GUI.

The out-of-the-box database-level "version" support does not provide such a UI.
It's more intended to allow developers to work in a sort of sandbox on a
live server.  Versions have historically has had a lot of quirks and
bugs. Many of us do not ever use them now.

You might look instead at ZopeVersionControl, which IIRC is only
available from cvs.zope.org and doesn't seem to have much documentation.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com