[Zope] Apache/Zope Correct?

Dennis Godfrey dennis at likebunnies.com
Wed Nov 19 17:37:39 EST 2003

We have Plone/Zope and Apache all running. I thought that we
had it right until I tried to access the the zope 'manage'
area from my home.

Our configuration is:
Debian  : testing (sarge)
Zope    : 2.6.2
ZopeCMF : 1.3.2
Plone   : 1.0.5

Here is what I see from my home location.
http://OurSite.com/plone   looks just fine
http://OurSite.com/manage  does not show the Control Panel, but
  looks like most of the other stuff is there.

>From the location where we have the install,
http://OurSite.com:9673/manage shows the Control Panel

My question is why can't I see the Control Panel (I can't restart
Zope, among other things) from home?

Could it be our httpd.conf configuration? We use a VirtualHost block
with the following RewriteRule
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/
OurSite.com:80/ploneFolder/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

where ploneFolder is a folder created in Zope root and in which
we have Plone.

I can't access the site using port 9673 from home as it is closed
off.

Any clues? Thanks!

dennis - have gudulka, will travel
http://KafanaKlub.com